• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has anyone gone from iphone back to Android?

lyssalynne

Lurker
Apr 15, 2011
My husband is a tech genius. He had a company Blackberry but they finally allowed them to pick out their own phones and simply reimburse. He researched both and his final decision came down to the battery life and the fact that he never hears anyone complain about their iphone. For Christmas he gets me an iphone. I had a Samsung Transform, not the greatest but decent android. I am frustrated. I feel like a teenager again with all the limitations. I cannot explain to this techy why I wish I had my android back. I was hoping to get some points in his language as to why he would even rather have android. He has never had one so he just doesn't get it.

He has never had one so he just doesn't get it.

I'm guessing he's never had Linux?

I've never had an iPhone so I can't compare. I would say I find Linux fun to play with and I'm happy with Android on my wife's Galaxy Ace, my Meizu M9, and now my Onda Vi40. My wife is not Tech-savvy, but she just checks with me if she sees something she wants and loves her phone. It goes 2 or 3 days without charge, and she gets a buzz out of the games, cartoon camera etc.

If you really like to play and learn and recover from the occasional bricking of your device, Android and the open source community is great. Like any hobby.

I guess your husband doesn't see it as a hobby? I'd tell him it is and ask him to get you another Android device. Hobbies are about collecting, right? (My wife collects shoes, I collect computer & camera stuff) :)

David.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones