• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help adding music?

For me when i plugged the usb cord in i went to menu from the home page on the g1 and clicked on settings, then clicked on sd card and phone storage then clicked on use for usb storage i was able to add files to the memory card such as music and videos. When you are done uncheck the use for usb storage and eject the android from your computer.

Upvote 0
thanks for the reply. I did all that but where do I go on my computer to add music. I cant find the folder that is linked to the memory card on my computer.

Mounting the SD card should make it show up as a removable drive. Look under My Computer, you will see a new drive listed, most likely E:\, F:\ or H:\.

Also, if Autoplay is enabled on your computer, under XP and Vista it should bring up the standard autoplay options if the drive (SD card) was mounted properly.

Open up the new drive and you will see a list of folders, music should be right there in the root of the drive.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones