• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help, Andrioid stuck at 4g Screen

Lanshire12

Lurker
Oct 28, 2019
Hi Guys, I am having a issue with my phone. I have a ZTE- (Bolton), and it is stuck at the Boost screen with the 4g symbol on it. It has been this way for about 3 days. I am able to get into recovery mode and restart and even tried for "reboot to bootloader" and it just does the same thing. i have even tried to clear the cache partition and it still just sticks to that boost screen once i restart it. So my question is, since i have a ton of pictures and stuff on it ( i don't want to loose) and i cant get past that screen, is there a way for me to get it back? or do i have to just wipe and reload and Hope and pray that there is some software that will actually work on it to recover my stuff? Pics below.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 124
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 85
You really should not count on being able to recover anything after a reset, as it's extremely unlikely that will be possible (if the phone is new enough that the storage is encrypted by default there is absolutely no chance, but even without that I frankly doubt it).

Do you use the Google Photos app, or anything else with an automatic cloud backup?

Have you tried booting in safe mode? There's generally some button(s) you can press during startup to do this. If your problem is a third party app that will get you booted, after which you can back up. If the problem is something else then I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

(Unfortunately phones do break, or get lost, or stolen, so if there is anything valueable on it it's always a good idea to have a backup - and "the files are on the SD card" doesn't count as a backup, since that would get lost or stolen with the phone and is a lot more likely to fail than the phone storage).

Reactions: ocnbrze and MrJavi
Upvote 0
Hi Hardon.
Thanks for the reply. I did not have a SD card in it and did not use Google photos or anything like that. I am not sure how to get into safe mode. I didn't even know there was a safe mode. How exactly do o get into that? I figured that maybe I can use some recovery software to recover at least a little.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones