• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! Android market doesn't work!

big67

Lurker
Jan 12, 2011
I just got this phone and when try to download apps, I get the message "The application Market(process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Then it makes me force close. When I go back to "downloads" it says "starting download....." under the app in the "curently downloading" section.
Loving the phone except for this!
Thanks in advance!

go to the Application Settings (Menu — Settings — Applications — Manage Applications) and clear the data in Google Talk, Google Mail, Market, Google Apps, Download Manager and IM.
Don’t be afraid of the Clear Data button, it won’t delete the programs from your phone as they’re built into the OS. Instead this will clear your user settings, which will require you to re-input your Google Mail username and password. Make sure to also delete anything in the apps’ cache, too.
Open up Mail, Talk or Market and re-input your user name and password. Wait for the little sync icon to disappear at the top of the notification bar and then try downloading again.

Reactions: Abilashan Mwg
Upvote 0
Factory reset (or reflashing) should do it, but I've deleted the associated Google account by:

Delete /Data/System/accounts.db

CLEAR DATA for the following apps:
Download
Google Play Services
Google Play Store
Google Services Framework
Talk
Talkatone

You obviously need to be rooted.

After removing your Google account and rebooting, run Gtalk or Market/Play, and it should ask you to enter your login/pw.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones