• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help: asking ZTE for Nubia Z7 MAX's Kernel

PSenapus

Lurker
Sep 15, 2014
Hello,

I've seen users from this forum have in the past mass requested ZTE to release the kernel for some of their devices, successfully making them upload the source code.
I would like to kindly ask you to help me achieve the same deed.

I own a Nubia Z7 MAX (NX505J) and I would like to port some ROMs to my device. I have mailed them and they replied with the usual copy/pasted reply.

Please, mail ZTE and ask them to release the Kernel for the NX505J.
It would be great to have CM11, Carbon, AOKP and/or other ROMs available to flash. Once you try these ROMs, living without their added functionalities becomes so difficult.

Thank you.

mobile (at) zte . com . cn

Hi Sir,
I am aware of those git repos but they have many broken features.
I am planning to work on AOKP mainly though.
I too am running CM11 from lwang, I wrote a tutorial on another forum. That CM11 uses the same kernel you linked, actually it uses syhost's fork which fixes many things...

Still, an official kernel source would solve all of our issues

Upvote 0
I've contacted them and got automated reply that said:

Thank you for contacting ZTE and your prompt reply.

If you are looking for the Kernel source code than

Please check in the below link .

http://support.zte.com.cn/support/news/NewsMain.aspx?type=service

If that model is not available there than we really Sorry to inform you that we can't provide this now it may take more time depends on the technical department.

You can also contact the local dealer where you purchased the device to or network operator to send a request to ZTE so that we can release the Kernel source code because

ZTE is not selling any product to the customer or in the market directly.

ZTE will sell only in bulk quantity to the network provider and to the dealer

Should there be further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards

I guess we need to fill theirs mailbox with requests :)

Also, please ask your reseller (wherever you bought phone) to ask ZTE for kernel.

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones