• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help me with my ZTE v790 (Viet Nam version)

icon1.gif
help me with my ZTE v790 (Viet Nam version)
Excuse me for my bad English. I'm in VietNam. I have a ZTE v790 (Vietnam version with 256 Mb RAM). My phone now is semi-brick. I can only boot it into Download mode with the LED turning red and a black screen. My computer still recognises my phone in DFU (COM5). There is no other sign of life
frown.gif
I also have the official ZTE firmware and offline upgrade tool here:
Firmware (for upgrade through FTM): mediafire.com/?w9ivpqhazgpqbdr
Official ZTE tool and driver (for upgrade through FTM): mediafire.com/download.php?5er3r7s05sadaen
And this is my phone's update.zip file (for upgrade through sdcard in stock or cwm recovery): wwwen.zte.com.cn/endata/mobile/Vietnam/Vietnam_SoftWare/201210/P020121026318007003998.zip
(sorry, i'm a newbie so i can't post external links, please copy and past those to your browser to download)
I have read de-brick zte blade post and I know it's the last resort to revive my phone. Unfortunately, your it doesn't work with my phone at all. But i'm sure the method is similar.
Could you help me to modify my tool so that I can upgrade my phone in Download Mode, or at least tell me how to modify it???
Please help me, my phone is almost bricked now.
frown.gif
Thanks you a lot!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones