• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help... OnePlus 6t Not allowing updates or reinstall of TWRP OR NEW OS.

2Wild

Lurker
Aug 28, 2019
Hey, everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue. So, I was avoiding any updates because I didn't want to lose root. Well, I eventually did update Lineage and lost root. Now for some reason I can't regain it. I have a OnePlus 6T (T-Mobile, bottloader unlocked, obviously
upload_2021-6-30_10-51-5.gif
), Linkage 17, and Magisk. Originally I flashed TWRP as a temp recovery, installed Magisk and Lineage (and Root Checker), and everything was fine - until the update. Now when I try to sideload with ADB nothing happens. I just receive a CMD error "ADB: requires an argument..." Long story short. I'd like to know how I can just completely start over, from scratch, flash different OS and keep root. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones