• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROMs [HELP] [ROM-PORTING] Could I take any rom as my port rom?

D

Deleted User

Could I take any ROM as my 'port ROM' or is it supposed to be device specific? Could I take a Ressurection Remix ROM based on mm which was ported to my device by someone else as my base and Lineage OS 14.1 (of any device) as my 'port'?

I've never ported a ROM, so can't offer advice. But if you are trying to build Lineage for your device don't you want to start from the Lineage sources rather than another device's binaries? Without ever having even considered doing this myself, and so not having looked at what's involved, that would be my instinct.
I'm sorta like noob in developing. I haven't even ported one yet. I decided to port just because my device doesn't have a nougat ROM...

Reactions: sweetndreemy73
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones