• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help rooting samsung galaxy rush (boost mobile)

royal76

Lurker
Jul 27, 2013
Hello all new here nice site looks like alot of help and future friends here. I am looking to root a samsung galaxy rush from boost mobile its running 4.1.2
I would like to give to son but would like to root it and put some stuff on it first. Problem is no pc availble..
any help rooting with out pc ? Or even possible? And if do able to help? I did some forum reading other places and tried some stuff but no luck. Thankyou either way

My wife just lost her 18 year old cousin to a idiot ramdomally pulling up side of road and hit her cousin on head with pipe walking home from a graduation party .he laid in ditch for 22 hours before he was found. He died 3 weeks later in a coma .I want to my sure I know where my 13 year old is and safe at all times sorry for story

Welcome to the forums, royal76 - sorry about the circumstances though! :(

I think you'll find that a lot of support for parental control without having to root.

In fact, many of the so-called monitoring apps requiring root actually are doing more spying on you than you are on your child.

Please check out this search from the Play Store - there are lots of goodies there and someone may already have exactly what you need for your style of parenting - there's a lot of variety, no root required -

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=parental control apps

I wish I could provide more specific help but I hope that will get you off to a good start.

And - I hate having to make this announcement, but from experience, I know I have to -

It's impolite and insensitive to tell others how to raise their kids.

Anyone coming into this thread and deciding that they want to pontificate and opine about whether the OP is being a good parent or what they negatively think about parental control - is going to be slapped with a disrespectful posting infraction.

Go overboard and we'll escalate it to failure to heed a mod warning.

Best luck royal!

Upvote 0
Here is a link to framaroot (at the end of this explanation).

It is one click root (no computer required). Now, mind you, this device isn't listed as supported, but the thread author does state that if your device isn't listed: try the app to see if it works. If it doesn't, no harm no foul. If it does, then chime in to let people in the thread know that it works so it can be added to the list of supported devices.

I have some brief experience with this one click root. After installing and opening the app, you will be presented with one or more options to try and root the device. The options have funny names. Try all options available.

Also, it sounds like this phone is running an older version of Android, which may or may not help your odds of it working.

Before you download the app, go into Settings-->Apps. In that directory, one of the options should be to allow/disallow non-Market/Play Store app installs. For the purpose of installing this app, you need to enable this setting. Once you've downloaded and installed the app, I advice you to disable that setting.

I wish you all the best and hope that this app works. Let us know if it doesn't. There is one other option, but I'll save it until you've replied back to report whether or not framaroot worked.

Link: P.S: Download Version Number 1.5.3: Framaroot

Reactions: royal76
Upvote 0
Oneclick option no go thankyou all for all the support. Really great site and bunch of people

I'm sorry to hear your troubles, but
If you are not on 4.0.4 then there is no other way but threw Odin3 and windows

But if you are on 4.0.4 then you can use poot

If you are on jellybean, There are stock rooted Roms that can be flashed threw clockworkmod that will give you root

I would tell you to worry about installing cwm recovery
And this is why everyone says you'll need Windows and Odin3

I can upload you a zip file with the files needed or you can download the files needed from the source
Place them on your memory card
Ask a friend to use there computer for 5mins.
And follow the instructions in the post,
BUT once Odin3 says pass! Or done! Unplug the cord and pop the battery, so it does not boot or load up.
Put the battery back in and boot into clockworkmod (vol. Up + power button)
Once you enter cwmr, flash the root zip
If you fail to enter it, pop the battery out, and try again, if you see the boostmobile symbol
Go back to the computer and remove Odin3 & the folder you placed on it to run it, then thank them for letting you use their computer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones