• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP: When I lock my phone, it unlocks itself

How long is the lock time, and how long is the screen timeout time? If the lock time is a couple of minutes, pressing the power button just turns the screen off, it doesn't lock the phone. Then anything pressing the power button and wiping across the screen can "unlock" it. (If the power switch is going bad, resulting in random "presses", all it takes is swiping the screen to turn it to "unlocked".) Try setting it so there's no lock "time" - it locks when you press the power button.

If it still unlocks after that you probably have a problem with the lock screen. First diagnostic tool - install a different lock screen and see if it still happens.

Upvote 0
Hmmmm thanks for the response but I dont quite get your answer.

I have no issue with the lock screen. Im just using an ordinary lock. Like when I press the lock button on the side of the phone, it should make the screen black right? What happens with mine is when I press the lock button, it makes the screen black temporarily but then it unlocks.

So i dont have lock screen apps or whatever. And lock time is not the problem too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones