• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with a Hudl (giving and receiving)

David Devoy

Sep 9, 2016
I have a Samsung Galaxy J5 phone and am teaching myself to developing apps using Android Studio on my desktop.

However in the interests of avoiding cocking anything up I have a 2 year old Tesco Hudl 2 that I like to deploy and test my apps on.

I am also currently trying to repair a Hudl 1 to get some confidence with tinkering around with the hardware.

The thing is there doesn't seem to be a Hudl device thread but I would like somewhere to post queries and perhaps help other Hudl enthusiasts from my own experience.

Is there anything I can do or do I just have to keep searching for Hudl topics?

Reactions: David Devoy
Upvote 0
Many thanks for your help.

I understand the devices are cheap and no longer supported by the manufacturer so it is not going the be the most popular of subjects but there must be some daft enthusiasts out there I can communicate with.

Also the fact the devices are cheap and no longer supported by the manufacturer make them ideal for me to learn with as there is not much significantly expensive damage I can do as I learn. For example I severed a ribbon cable as I war removing a battery. I have now replaced the ribbon cable and it works fine but I now to be more careful removing the battery.

Upvote 0
I'm in China the home of cheapo, where the Hudl came from of course, and pretty much any "daft enthusiasts" around these parts tend to like current state of the art devices, once something is discontinued and EOL, it's very much dropped like a hot brick.

On the other hand if a piece of tech is more than about 40 years ago, and it's preferably got vacuum tubes or germanium transistors in it, there's very much an enthusiast interest, including me. :D
cfaafaffb819c0dcf08fb06eadf46c7a.jpeg

Shanghai No.3 Radio Factory, made circa 1971.That is the sort of thing that I really like to use and tinker with.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Devoy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones