• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with my s8 active

well there is not much on the web about your phone and root. going forward always look to XDA Developers Forum do search their for your device. if you your device has a sub forum then that is a great start. looking into the forum look for any root guides. also look and see how active the forum is. if it is very active then you are good to go in that you will always have custom roms available for your phone. however if there is no sub forum or it is not very active then your phone will have not much support.

just remember no dev= no fun

this is the only root guide i can find for your device:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/development/root-partcyborgrom-galaxy-s8-active-t3747788

i do not know if any of the links are active or not. plus there is not much in ways of custom roms so i do not know how much fun having a rooted phone would be.

just curious as to why you want to root?

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
One reason I want to root the device is to get rid of some of the junk apps that you cant uninstall without root access. But the main reason is to network unlock it. Mine is locked on the at&t network but I want to be able to use it on whatever network I want. Do you know of any software for PC that i can use for network unlocking without rooting i dont have the money to pay for a third party to do it of it is possible to do it myself. But I cant find anything about doing it without a outside source.

Upvote 0
One reason I want to root the device is to get rid of some of the junk apps that you cant uninstall without root access. But the main reason is to network unlock it. Mine is locked on the at&t network but I want to be able to use it on whatever network I want. Do you know of any software for PC that i can use for network unlocking without rooting i dont have the money to pay for a third party to do it of it is possible to do it myself. But I cant find anything about doing it without a outside source.
you do not need to root to unlock the phone from a carrier. i have no idea on software to do that......sorry.

also there is really no development for your phone so rooting for me is moot. you want a custom rom that has all the bloat out, but the only rom out there for the s8 active is the one i linked you to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones