• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help with OS upgrade

I just purchased a Superpad 10.2 Android 2.1 Tablet from Amazon and am really curious if I can upgrade to a newer version of Android. I see a lot of discussion here about people doing upgrades, helping each other with upgrade options and wondered if anyone new how or if I might do the same. Below are the specs of my device:

• Display: 10.2" TFT Touch Screen (1024 x 600 resolution) w/single-point resistive touch; Processor: FlyTouch ARM11 1Ghz; OS: Android 2.1; RAM: 256MB DDR2; Graphics Model: Supports 720p / 1080P
  • Internal Hard Drive: 2GB Flash with 2 TF slots for expansion (supports MicroSD 32GB Max); Ports: 2 x USB 2.0, 2 x MicroSD Slots, Mini HDMI, DC Jack, 3.5mm Headphone/Line-Out, RJ45 Ethernet; Audio: Built In Stereo Speakers and Mono Recorder
  • Camera: 1.3 MP Built In Camera; Wireless Connection: WiFi supports 802.11 b/g/n; Battery Type: 3800mAh Li-ion Battery
  • Power: AC Adapter - 100V - 240V; Dimensions: 10.5" x 6.5" x .50"
It works fine, I guess, but I am just hoping for something a little faster. Any ideas?
Before I forget, as I am brand new to the Android experience, any suggestions on apps? I am used to using the webOS with Palm and am looking for things I can get to help me better appreciate my Android experience. Maybe web surfing, document viewing and editing, weather, gps, movies, and the cheaper the better.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones