• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero and widgets

Hit

Lurker
Oct 29, 2009
I was watching a review on cnet and heard that you can not put applications on the sd card. I currently have a mogul and Im able to utalize the sd card. I have read that the hero only has 512mb onboard memory. Should I be worried about running out of space? If this is the case I may need to rethink my purchase.

Hi Hit & Welcome to AF! :D

You are correct , apps are currently stored in the internal memory which is more than sufficient and nothing to be concerned about.

Just a Tip though , If you want to have your apps stored on the SD it is possible , it just requires something called Rooting which runs the chance of bricking your phone and Invalidating your warranty. But as I said the internal memory is certainly efficient :)

Carl C

Upvote 0
I think most apps are a few hundred kb each, so you have PLENTY of space to put apps on the phone. Even if all apps were 500 kb each, you'd still have room for 1000 of them ;) We all still keep hoping to have Google allow installation of the apps on the SD card, and if you root the phone I think it is possible (not that the Hero is rooted yet).

Upvote 0
Hi Hit , No problem! & Theirs no such thing as a stupid question :D

Emails are actually stored online but I suppose you can say cached {in a manner} on the phone , When you go to read them etc.

But at the end of the day theirs plenty of memory for everything with absolutely nothing to worry about! :)

If you need anything else , Just ask! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones