• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hey Bostonites & Massho, errr...

As some may be aware we will be visiting your fair area in May for three days. The main attraction is Fenway on a Friday night and Saturday/Sunday day games. The day games are going to cut into 'touristing' but whatever! The big plan is to drive to our hotel (no idea where yet), park the car and get everywhere by not car!

So, even though it's early still, your assignment is to recommend an area to stay in and list all the fun places to go and see. OK, go!

You're driving so anywhere but Downtown. Fenway Park is Downtown. Boston is smaller than most Americans think it is...

Do not park the car in Harvard Yard, you would be arrested. I think Providence RI has some big parking lots near the train station and all the hotels are around there too. Park and get a Hotel room in Providence RI then take the commuter rail to Boston. Takes less than an hour and you'll detrain right on the edge of Downtown Crossing our shopping area and near dead center of all the tourist attractions. I did mention that Boston is smaller than you think right?

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
Back to Providence, my Alma Matar (PC). There's a huge mall next to the train station. Multiplex movie theater with lots of shops and a food court over what I consider a small river. The Marriott was closest to the Mall but the Biltmore is close too and has a killer seafood restaurant downstairs also very historic if you're into that.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones