• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root hey guys, check this out...

Willster419

The Casio Smartphone Guru
Feb 25, 2012
New Hampshire
relhaxmodpack.com
I was doing some research about rooting for any desperate hopes and anything that could be usefull in the future...and i found this site:
X-Ray for Android
its an apk that will test all the exploits to see if your vulnerable. I tried on the commando 2.3.3 m130 and got the result that the commando is vulnerable to gingerbreak. if anybody wants to confirm this, that would be great, and if anyone could maybe make a custom root for this thing via gingerbreak, (coughpaxchristos), that would be great as well.
btw happy thanksgiving and happy holidays,
willster419

I have been fooling around with the commando as well, and have found that if you have it connected to your laptop and while booting up you press the power+camera+vol down buttons it will pull up a hard reset screen. During this time I also had Odin3 v1.70 and it shows under the ID:COM - 0:[COM51] highlighted in yellow. Could we at this point download custom firmware, or possibly root?

Any help would be appreciated!

This was over at XDA. I don't know where my commando is or how to work Odin, so try tinkering with that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
Neither as of right now its the Casio G'zOne C811

Is that the new flip phone? Well I meant the next smartphone from Casio looks sweet, and not the G-SHOCK, that looks like it could be used as a flotation device in the event of a water landing.

But the newest Gz'One coming out has ICS or jelly bean and the "with Google" branding on the back - I'm not sure what qualifies a device to get that marking, but I'm pretty sure Bing won't be the default search.

Upvote 0
Is that the new flip phone? Well I meant the next smartphone from Casio looks sweet, and not the G-SHOCK, that looks like it could be used as a flotation device in the event of a water landing.

But the newest Gz'One coming out has ICS or jelly bean and the "with Google" branding on the back - I'm not sure what qualifies a device to get that marking, but I'm pretty sure Bing won't be the default search.
Yea the C811 is the American version of the G'zOne type-L, I think everyone's waiting to see the specs, I hope it drops soon, I have been sitting on my upgrade for almost 3 months now.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones