• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

busboy12

Lurker
Mar 7, 2014
MY HTC SENSATION XL charger port is broken and therefore unable to charge. Does anyone know of an alternate way to charge my battery temporarily? Does anyone have any solutions by any chance to the broken port?

Thanks. Rather urgent so quick replies will be appreciated :)

May be you could get a universal charger or open the phone, locate the brocken port and try to put it into contact with the mother board. You could also remove your battery, peel your charger's plastic insulation, locate the negative(black) and positive(red) wires that and connect them to the battery(red goes on - and black goes on +) glue them together wait for an hour and your battery will be fully charged.....But use precaution.

Upvote 0
Hey, I just tried your last suggestion with the adapter to charger thing. The problem is, it didn't charge. You said there would be a black and red cable, yet for me there was a black and white cable. I assumed the white would be the equivelant to the red one you mentioned and put that in the minus.
We used sticky tape instead of glue as well to tape it to the battery.

Just asking again, did we do something wrong? Would it be the cables that ****** it up? Would it be the sticky tape? We put it on the right bits, right? We stuck the cables to the golden bit of the charger on the bottom left, on the positive and minus bits of the golden bit.

Thanks for the help, and a reply would be much appreciated!

Upvote 0
Not sure how urgently you need to charge your battery, but if you don't want to worry about which wire connect where, you can try a ready-made charger. It would be already wired to connect to the proper terminal on your battery. In the US, you can get one for about $4 on Amazon (search for "htc sensation battery charger").

Or you can find someone with an HTC sensation and ask to put your battery into his or her phone to charge. Or go to a wireless store and ask them to use their display phone to charge your battery. Might work if you ask nicely :)

Good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones