• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
It's funny that you mention that. In the last decade I trimmed a number of houses on the border of Kansas and Oklahoma. It seemed strange driving down the streets there, everyone waves at you with a big hello smile. Slower paced.. farm community people... very friendly with time to say hello.
Around where I live, if someone waves at you it's with just one finger. :) It's a shame that we are so caught up in ourselves that we can't take the time to say or at least gesture a hello.

Upvote 0
It's funny that you mention that. In the last decade I trimmed a number of houses on the border of Kansas and Oklahoma. It seemed strange driving down the streets there, everyone waves at you with a big hello smile. Slower paced.. farm community people... very friendly with time to say hello.
Around where I live, if someone waves at you it's with just one finger. :) It's a shame that we are so caught up in ourselves that we can't take the time to say or at least gesture a hello.
for me and others here in LA LA Land, if someone says hi or waves at you, it is considered an odd behavior. don't know exactly why. it is sad that this behavior would seem that way.

Upvote 0
for me and others here in LA LA Land, if someone says hi or waves at you, it is considered an odd behavior. don't know exactly why. it is sad that this behavior would seem that way.
I get it.. It's so far removed from every day. If someone unknown waves at me I'm left thinking I should know them or some poor soul looks like me and it was a mistake. I don't wave at people I don't know either. They might think I've lost my mind or I'm trying to come on to them. It wasn't like that when I was a kid. But that was so many years ago that everything has changed. I am still old school enough that I'll hold a door open for a woman and take off my hat. Address a stranger with Sir or Ma'am. I respect my fellow man.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
187960740_10223209581941996_8754646799460356733_n.jpg

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones