• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Honor 6X durability and stress test [VIDEO]

GamerCore

Android Enthusiast
Jun 3, 2010
California
twitter.com

If anyone is curious about the actual build quality of the Honor 6X -- as in, how durable the phone is -- Zack from the JerryRigEverything put the through one of his famous stress tests. Some interesting things about this test:
  • The screen is VERY easily scratched, so investing in a screen protector is super important, more so than on other devices. Whether it's a plastic film -- which already comes pre-installed on the device -- or a tempered glass screen protector, just make sure you don't go naked.
  • Don't put it in your back pocket. The phone mostly metal shell isn't secured to the main body by screws -- just tabs on the top/bottom. This makes the phone more susceptible to bending and when forced, the shell pops right off the frame rather easily.
Now, the Honor 6X was never billed as a rugged smartphone and this stress test doesn't really take anything away from the phone. Just be aware of its limitations and you should be fine. The more you know...

Reactions: Sally Shea
Is there a screen protector you recommend? I have my new 6X and don't know whether to get a film protector or a glass one. I bought an Omoton glass protector. If I use that can I leave the film on that came on the phone? Really happy I bought this phone.
Glass on film is kind of overkill. I'd pick one or the other. The problem with glass screen protectors is they don't adhere properly around the edges of the display, leaving what they call a "halo effect." If that doesn't bother you, glass provides better protection than the plastic film does.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones