• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How cost efficient really?

chmodx

Android Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2010
I think ASUS makes the best tablets, I really do. I had a TF101 before, sold it because I wasn't feeling into tablets after a while.

My question though is with the padfone. I pay for a smartphone w/unlimited data, and Verizon phone service for $71 a month.

That's 852 a year.

Now, if I added a tablet with 4g access @30/month, that'd be 360 more, or 1212. Find a tablet on ebay for ~300(Xoom).

Purchase a Padfone for the typical going rate of 900 + annual contract rate of 71 a month, paying total 1752.

Doing the math, unless you get this on a contract discounted rate, the Padfone(while very cool) seems like a bad investment.

I already had a contract, I just switched my sim card from my old phone to the padFone phone/tablet combo.

I sold my old phone for over half of what it would have cost me - the phone was free with a 2 year contract.

When my contract runs out in a few months I wont have to sign a new one and I have a new phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones