• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I clear my music player?

Geezle

Lurker
Feb 11, 2013
Hopefully this one should be pretty straightforward.

I had a bunch of music on my microSD card, however said card shat the bed. That's not the end of the world, but my music player still shows all the music that isn't there anymore, and it's becoming quite frustrating.

In the player I can manually delete individual songs, but is there any way I can just flush the works out and start fresh? :thinking:

Hopefully this one should be pretty straightforward.

I had a bunch of music on my microSD card, however said card shat the bed. That's not the end of the world, but my music player still shows all the music that isn't there anymore, and it's becoming quite frustrating.

In the player I can manually delete individual songs, but is there any way I can just flush the works out and start fresh? :thinking:

You could connect your phone to your computer as mass storage, and search through on computer and ctrl+click and do it that way. or delete music folder

Upvote 0
No dice on the clear data...the button is greyed out.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, this is on a Samsung Galaxy SII X running ICS. :)

Okay, after letting the phone sit for a few minutes while it calculated the data, the button eventually un-greyed. I hit it and cleared the data, but all the old songs/albums are still showing up, even though they're no longer there.

Also, I noticed that the albums are still showing up in my Gallery as well, even though the albums and covers are gone.

This is starting to make me crazy! :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones