• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I go back to the last interface design before the update?

SJayson

Lurker
Jul 18, 2014
I've been obsessed with my tablet, 'Acer A1', ever since I got it for Christmas. I've loved everything about it including its design up until very recently.

The gallery thumbnails for the folders are now ridiculously massive. I can't get an overview of what folders I have anymore since they've been clustered together since the update and I cannot zoom out from them at all.
The new typing sound on the keyboard is just extremely irritating to listen to and I have to mute the sound itself, even though I used to really like it beforehand.
The gray interface is depressing to look at and now I have all of my downloads showing up in thumbails, when it was originally showing up in text.

So what I am looking for is to revert the aestetic of the interface itself to what it was before the new update on this tablet without putting its security at risk. I've looked all over online to see if I change the interface but I haven't found anything.

If anyone has any idea how to go back to the design before this new update, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Welcome to our AndroidForums, SJayson :).

Unfortunately, you can't really (or usually easily) rollback / revert to a prior version of an Android operating system once you've taken/installed an update.

Updates typically patch existing files and there's really no un-patching process. Rooted users that have an unlocked bootloader can oftentimes install a different or prior version of Android, but that process / method (and level of complexity) varies greatly from device to device.

You best best might be to install new/different apps that will replace the functionality of the stock functions you're not happy with (a new launcher, gallery app, keyboard, etc.).

Hope that helps a bit.

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones