• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I remove PUP 'Upgradesys' from my phone

I was going to point you at this thread from the MalwareBytes forum, but looking at your username I guess you have already found that (still linking it here in case it helps someone else with the same problem, since the solution there seems to be working for some people).

I assume that you've done the simple things, such as checking that it's not set as a device administrator (which would prevent you uninstalling it). Can you see where it is installed to? If it's in /system then without root you won't be able to uninstall it, in which case reflashing your phone with a new set of stock firmware may be the simplest solution (as this overwrites the whole of the system partition). However, I know nothing about your device model so don't know how easy it is to find the firmware/procedures to do this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones