• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how do i turn off the double tap function on my samsung a7 while telephoning?

Hi Friends!
How do i turn off the double tap function on my samsung a7 while telephoning? when telephoning, you sometimes need to tap digits to select a way forward: "if you speak english, press one!"..., which is difficult when you have to double tap first.
etc.
Thanks!
i believe you have turned on accessibility on your phone. it should be in your phone settings. turn it off and you should fine.

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums, onewoman! :)

What doesn't work? :thinking:
"i believe you have turned on accessibility on your phone. it should be in your phone settings. turn it off and you should fine."

i have read so many solutions to this problem of "double tap to unlock" continuing to pop up on my galaxy 7 call screen, calling out or trying to answer an incoming call. can't do anything until i double tap the dang thing! it just started happening with me changing nothing. i can't do anything on the screen until i double tap and then quickly put it on speaker and it will stay while i talk. otherwise, it just keeps popping back up every 2 seconds. VERY distracting and completely useless. it seems everyone who posts a solution assumes every phone has the same menu items/options/names but they are different from mine. i either don't have them at all, or they are called something different that i don't know about. it's just very frustrating.

Upvote 0
i have read so many solutions to this problem of "double tap to unlock" continuing to pop up on my galaxy 7 call screen, calling out or trying to answer an incoming call. can't do anything until i double tap the dang thing!
That must be annoying! I would ask you for a screenshot, but I'm not sure you can take one if your screen is locked. Please try, and post your screenshot if it works. If you can't screenshot it, can you take a picture of it using a different device, and post that?

One thing I'm wondering: what launcher do you use? Launchers have their own settings that control gestures, so looking into your launcher's settings may provide the solution.

Upvote 0
well, no, can't do a screenshot and have no other device to take a pic of it. it won't do anything until i double tap. when i try to make or answer a call, a dark gray screen pops up over the whole dialing screen with a padlock icon and the words "double tap to unlock". soon as i double tap, screen goes to normal for a few seconds, then reverts to the darker that overlays the keypad. if i IMMEDIATELY put it on speaker after double tapping, it will stay while i talk, but not otherwise. what are you calling a "launcher"? thank you!

Upvote 0
when i try to make or answer a call, a dark gray screen pops up over the whole dialing screen with a padlock icon and the words "double tap to unlock".

Have you found a solution? I just bought same tablet as thread starter has (just Lite - Galaxy Tab A7 Lite)) and have the same issue.
:-(
In another forum someone suggested that it's because our tablets, unlike real phones, don't have proximity sensors and that pop-up tries to help you to avoid unplanned call when you have your phone at your ear and accidentally pressed some button. But for us, with tablets, we never have it near the ear, so it's incorrect over-protection... Better be way to disable that

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you want the double tap functionality on your Samsung Galaxy A7 phone during a call, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Phone app.
2. Tap the Settings icon.
3. Access Call Settings.
4. Turn off the double-tap feature.

Good luck!
1st off call settings is not under the phone settings. you can do a search within the phone's settings to find it....but it is not directly under settings. you can also go into the phone app and then into it's settings to find "call settings"

2nd in samsung phone's do not have a double tap feature under call settings. it is found under accessibilty. you have to turn that on or off to disable the double tap feature. there is no other way to do this.

3rd welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones