• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to bypass verizon activation

If this phone is on the carrier blacklist -- i.e. stolen or money still owed on previous owner's account -- getting it off that list is going to be major project on your part to get the phone reset. If that is the case and you can return it, do so and just buy an unremembered phone that will just work when you add a SIM card.. Otherwise you're going to need to go through a process of proof-of-ownership and a lot of validating to get it cleared, and unlocked.
But that's just a worst case scenario. Have contacted any carrier yet to get this phone set up?

Upvote 0
I have tried a lot of things, including tapping four corners, vol up + vol down + back + home and dialing *228. I currently don't have the sim card, as I bought it off of ebay. If anyone knows what do do, please help me!
Yeah good luck, if you have no sims card, then your cell will not work.
as @Milo Williamson suggested above, if you don't have a sim card, you can't connect to the network.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones