• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To How to change the home screen (launcher) on the Honor 5X

GamerCore

Android Enthusiast
Jun 3, 2010
California
twitter.com
As part of Huawei's "Emotion UI" (or EMUI for short), the launcher on the Honor 5X can take a little getting used to. Anyone looking for something a little more traditional can find a plethora of home screen replacements (also known as "launchers") on the Google Play Store. Even for the more experienced user, swapping the default launcher for a 3rd party one is a little trickier than most other devices. Don't worry, we'll walk you through the quick process.

Honor-5X-how-to-change-the-home-screen-launcher.jpg

1. Download the home screen replacement (launcher) of your choice on Google Play (we recommend Nova Launcher)
  2. Open up the Settings app
  3. Scroll down to Manage apps
  4. Select Default app settings at the bottom
  5. Then Launcher (Default)
  6. Desired home screen app/launcher
Should you ever feel the need to return to the stock launcher or change it to another one, follow the above steps again and you'll be all set.

As part of Huawei's "Emotion UI" (or EMUI for short), the launcher on the Honor 5X can take a little getting used to. Anyone looking for something a little more traditional can find a plethora of home screen replacements (also known as "launchers") on the Google Play Store. Even for the more experienced user, swapping the default launcher for a 3rd party one is a little trickier than most other devices. Don't worry, we'll walk you through the quick process.

Honor-5X-how-to-change-the-home-screen-launcher.jpg

1. Download the home screen replacement (launcher) of your choice on Google Play (we recommend Nova Launcher)
  2. Open up the Settings app
  3. Scroll down to Manage apps
  4. Select Default app settings at the bottom
  5. Then Launcher (Default)
  6. Desired home screen app/launcher
Should you ever feel the need to return to the stock launcher or change it to another one, follow the above steps again and you'll be all set.[/QUOTE

Great post, thank you so much! I had downloaded the Google launcher and it didn't feel right. Forthe past weeks I had been trying to get my old launcher back! Now I have, so thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones