• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Delete Your Account

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    Admin Edit:
    The recent site upgrade broke the self delete option. If you would like your account deleted, please start a thread in the Private Chat area (where only you, mods and admins can see threads). That will let any of us admins know you want an account deletion and if we miss it, the mods will let us know. Sorry to see you go, but we will accomodate. :)

From time to time, inactive members contact us wishing to delete their AndroidForums.com account. There is now a process in place that allows users to self-delete their accounts.
    • Sign into AndroidForums.com
    • Click on your Avatar in the top right
    • Find and click "Delete Your Account" in the listed options
    • Follow the instructions
    • *Above method is currently not working - please post below requesting deletion*
    IMPORTANT:
    • Your posts will not be deleted and instead attributed to the user "Deleted User"
    • Deleting your account is irreversible- we cannot restore your account once completed
    We're sad to see members leave but also want our community to know that we value their opinions and wishes. We hope you'll reconsider deleting your account, but alas - if you do - we wish you nothing but the best and thank you for being a part of our community while you were here.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Also needing to delete account and personal information.
    Also do not see how to send msg to Administrator such as @Unforgiven as mentioned above.
    ??
    Account removal incoming. As far as sending me a message (for those folks reading this in the future) the best way is to start a thread in "Private Chat" where all the admins will see it. Any threads in there can be seen by only you and mods and admins. If a mod sees a delete request there they will let one of the admins know and we'll take care of it. :) Again, sorry to see you go.

Reactions: olbriar
    Upvote 0
    I'd like to also have my account deleted. When I attempt to use the private chat links above, that rob and olbriar posted, I receive the message, "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." I also don't see an option for PMing a mod or admin when looking at their profile.

Is anyone able to give an assist on this, please?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones