• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to disable whatsapp for a while on android .

WhatsApp is the most used social media platform in India. Everyone nowadays wants to go Invisible On WhatsApp. As we know, in terms of numbers, about 340 million people from India use WhatsApp, which is way more than any other country. As a matter of fact, this social media platform has become an inseparable part of the majority of people living in India. Now, if you want to fall off the radar without actually deleting the app, there are ways to achieve ‘How to disable WhatsApp’.

• 1. Turning OFF Notification sounds for Whatsapp
  • 2. Disable notifications for WhatsApp to go Invisible On WhatsApp
  • 3. Disabling Notification lights for WhatsApp notifications to go Invisible On WhatsApp
  • 4. Invisible On WhatsApp – Force Closing WhatsApp
  • 5. Disable background data for WhatsApp to go Invisible On WhatsApp

faqchat.ru

I agree with @ocnbrze If you don't want to use the WhatsApp app --
-- if the app is one you previously installed just Uninstall it,
-- if the app is a pre-installed app by the manufacturer or carrier, and you're able to use the Disable option in your Settings menu than just using either step will take care of all those tasks you wrote out.
If the Disable button is greyed out, use the Clear data option and ignore using the WhatsApp app. It's background process will continue running but the app itself will at that point be unable to function -- i.e. no Notifications as there is no longer going to be any access to any user account.

Upvote 0
I use it to keep in touch with my former co-workers in India, it's great for that. My sister goes to Europe often, it's great for that. I have a lot of iPhone toting friends, we share videos, it's great for that.
Love Whatsapp and, like everything else, it's good to know how to shut it up every now and again :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones