• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to downgrade from Jelly Bean 4.2.2 to 4.1.1

Well, I received the notification to update to the latest firmware. I installed Kies on my computer and updated my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0(GT-P3113) WI-FI from 4.1.1 to 4.2.2. It is laggy, sluggish, and plain slow with several bugs. I'm not very knowledgeable on this subject, so please help me out. I'm very disappointed with the performance of this new firmware. The stock browser is crashing or closing(whatever the correct term may be) when I attempt to listen to audio files on a website. It didn't do this before the update. The Puffin Browser app is now super choppy when I zoom in/out and play audio or video. The Tune-in radio app is also skipping occasionally while playing audio. Anyway, these are just a few of the problems I've encountered.

So, with that said, how do I downgrade back to Jelly Bean 4.1.1? It was the only firmware my tablet has had since I purchased it in January of this year. It was so smooth and much simpler. Sure, this new update looks better, but it has problems that I encountered that I don't want to deal with. I was able to download this file: P3113UECLK7_P3113XARCLK7_XAR on sammobile. I also downloaded Odin, and I tried to downgrade but wasn't able to. I don't know what to do next. I just wish I didn't update. Also, in case I'm not able to downgrade, is there an official Samsung contact page where I can report these problems. Otherwise, it seems I'm just going to be stuck with this problematic 4.2.2. Thanks in advance for your replies!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3113) WI-FI
United States

Reactions: maddawg555
Hey! I was able to downgrade to 4.1 after that 4.2.2 nightmare. I did have to perform a factory reset afterwards. Lost all my info but was worth it.

:rolleyes: The nightmare was self inflicted.

You truly need to perform a "factory reset" every time you receive any firmware update.
That is to allow the integrity of the update to take full effect.

Is all down to common sense.
If you did the factory reset in the first place than you wouldn't be complaining about the 4.2 firmware.

There is a reason why we have so many different options available to backup this devices.

Upvote 0
I just got my Tab 2. The update was part of the whole set-up process. It didn't do it over kies, either. While process took place, in the background. Once I let it finish, said it was upgrading to 4.2.2

Been running smoothly since. It's a BIG upgrade. If it's not a fresh install, or you don't do a master reset, you're going to have problems.

Upvote 0
I just got my Tab 2. The update was part of the whole set-up process. It didn't do it over kies, either. While process took place, in the background. Once I let it finish, said it was upgrading to 4.2.2

Been running smoothly since. It's a BIG upgrade. If it's not a fresh install, or you don't do a master reset, you're going to have problems.

If I do a fresh install or a master reset how do I back up all my stuff & do I need to back up the sd card that I have in it as well?
Thanks

Upvote 0
I did a factory reset and I still have 4.2.2 This update is the worst I got 2GB internal storage and they blocked moves to the sd card, I hate it and when you type something like "cheese100" you have to press space to get the word to save or it will end up as "100cheese" I need to downgrade now! Please contact me through instagram if you find a solution to this problem. My instagram username is @minecraftbeacon
Thank you for any help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones