• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to download videos and music from YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupeshforu3

Jan 31, 2013
Hi I want to download videos and music from YouTube and so I have tried a number of apps like snaptube,tubemate,peggo etc., but in every app I am getting errors as "unable to parse video info" etc.,

In the past I have downloaded a number of videos and music using tubemate but at present when I try to download and convert YouTube videos into mp3 download completes but inorder to convert into mp3 the process is taking many hours.

Please suggest an app to easily download videos and music from YouTube.

Regards,
Rupesh.

A lot of artists who post their content on Youtube really don't want people to obtain their work using the process you've been using. Youtube is more for exposure and appeasing their fan-base, not a source for free music.
There are sources for free, Creative Commons licensed music such as jamendo.com and archive.org where you can legally download music files. There are also streaming sites such as pandora.com, grooveshark.com, last.fm, shoutcast.com, spotify.com, and plenty of others.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones