• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to extract data from broken phone

Can you see anything on the screen, i.e. is it only touch that isn't working? If you can see then connect a mouse via a usb OTG adapter and you should be able to change the default usb connection mode to file transfer: the setting is in the developer options, which if you don't have it enabled you can activate by going into settings, finding the build number (about phone, software information) and clicking repeatedly on it until it tells you that you are now a developer.

If the display is out as well then have you any way of casting it to something else? Enabling anything blindly is going to be very hard.

Reactions: ocnbrze and svim
Upvote 0
Can you see anything on the screen, i.e. is it only touch that isn't working? If you can see then connect a mouse via a usb OTG adapter and you should be able to change the default usb connection mode to file transfer: the setting is in the developer options, which if you don't have it enabled you can activate by going into settings, finding the build number (about phone, software information) and clicking repeatedly on it until it tells you that you are now a developer.

If the display is out as well then have you any way of casting it to something else? Enabling anything blindly is going to be very hard.

unfortunately both the display and touch screen are broken. I can't see anything and touch doesn't work....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones