• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to Get Hot Spot Tether.

Sure there is a way, first go to settings/mobile network/access point names, then hit menu then create a new apn and name it what ever you want, under apn paste this (epc.tmobile.com) and save it..
Now you have free tethering. :D

Thanks for that, it worked beautifully:) I did forget to change my wifi widget to connect through my apn, but once I figured that out and changed it, it has worked flawlessly. My wifi usage counter has been stuck at 247mb since employing this trick, even after using around 8gigs and connecting my comp and Xbox, and even my wife's phone since she has a limited plan.

For that reason, I Had to sign up for an account and give kudos where they were due.

Upvote 0
Im not sure if it will work with tmobile but i use fox fi

Wifi tethering does not work for me in Foxfi, just connects to a dead connection. I do, however, use pdanet for USB and bluetooth tethering, solely for the "hide tether usage" capabilities. The only way I got wifi hotspot to work was to use elwaxmans workaround. This works just as the included connection, only they cannot differentiate between the mobile connection and tethering connection.

U8680 rooted to ICS (U8681), on unlimited data with only 2.5gigs a month of free wifi tethering. Thanks to elwaxman, I have used 8gigs so far through wifi tethering.

Upvote 0
Just download wifi tether for root users from the playstore, and
Press the Menu Button.
Click Settings.
Click "Change Device-Profile".
If you are on Ice Cream Sandwich, choose "Generic ICS".
If you are on T-Mobile, Scroll down and MUST select "Routing Fix".
Tether!!!!

I followed this on another site. They did tell me to select generic ICS. They never said anything about the routing fix. I do know without doing it it does not work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones