• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to get scale color on screen

Ardeth Bey

Lurker
May 22, 2020
Up to a week ago, at 9 pm, the screen on my phone would got to what I'll call a scale mode, e.g. all the different colors would all go gray. I guess it was so it would be easier on the eyeballs.
But whatever I did, I cannot for the life of me (or anyone else) find out how to get that back. At 9, it would come on with a 'ding' sound and the color would be a flat gray.
My question of course is: does anyone know how to get that? I've tried through the Display but no way can I find out how it's done. Your help would be much appreciated.
(Perchance any cannot see this posting, let me know)

Thanks for the reply. Whatever it was, the option is there because I've had it on the phone for several months. I changed something and to get it back is beyond me but that it was there, shows there's an option for it. It's not called a 'blue light filter' for I don't see or recall anything on the phone called that. If you come up with something, let me know. Thanks.

Upvote 0
It was in the Settings & I set it that way by mistake. Now I made another mistake and removed it and how to get it back or what I did to set it that originally is gone from me.
If no one comes up with anything here, maybe a factory reset would be a last resort. I'm going to close my eyes for a while but if you happen to light upon something that rings a bell, let me know. I appreciate your feedback.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Screenshot_20200523-075055.png

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Here's how to get to Grayscale on the Samsung J3 2018. One has to rip off into Settings, go to Digital Wellbeing, click on Wind Down, switch on Turn on as Scheduled, set a time in the Set Schedule, turn on GrayScale, while happily turning off Do Not Disturb and violet! Pardon me I mean voila! Yeah, that's it! Voila!
I got this by calling in to Support.
(Remember ... whoever cannot see this posting, please advise immediately)

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones