• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to keep phone from going to sleep?

smparks33

Lurker
Aug 17, 2014
I want to use my Hauwei 931 for a Skype phone. My problem is I can only set it to stay awake from for a max of 30 min. Once phone goes into sleep mode Skype will no longer ring in. I have rooted the phone and can get around the file system. I just don't know where to go or what to change. Other options or suggestions welcomed.

I found it! No sleep app, it is a simple little wigit. Now I have the perfect "Wifi only" home Skype phone and travel Skype phone. No cell service, no contract, no fees! I did have to pay a yearly fee for a local Skype phone number. So, now my friends and family can call a local number and my Huawei 931 phone will ring anywhere in the world, if I have WiFi connection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones