• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to post App & Game Announcements

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    If you're an app or game developer and you'd like to make an announcement about a new release or update, we have new rules to follow.

Where should you post the announcement?
    All App & Game announcements and updates MUST take place in the forum for that app or game

Does your app or game have a forum?
    To check whether or not your app has a dedicated forum, please visit the Apps & Games section, and type your app's name into the "Quick Finder". If it appears as an auto-complete option, click on it! That means your forum has already been created and this is where you should make all of your announcement and update posts.

My app doesn't have a forum!
    If your app or game forum hasn't yet been created, there is an easy fix:
    • Download and install the Forums for Android app from the Play Store (we also appreciate your 5-star ratings and reviews!)
    • Open the app and log in (registration is free)
    • Find your app/game on the "Forums" tab (must be installed on device) and tap it
    • Create a new topic from your device (we suggest you introduce yourself as the developer
    Your app or game should now also show on AndroidForums.com. This process may take a couple hours. If you need the link immediately, visit the topic you created above, choose the "share" option from the toolbar, and you can share the direct URL however you see fit (E-mail to self, Copy to clipboard, etc...)

Maintaining your forum
    App Developers have no special control over their app or game's forum as the course of conversation is dictated by the community. However, developers can build a great rapport with their users by being responsive, helpful, friendly, and active in their respective forums. You may also be able to sway 1-star reviewers to change/adjust their reviews through more thorough back-and-forth than the Play Store allows.

Premium features
    We are considering additional features but at this time are focusing on the core functionality of the app. If you'd like to embed your app/game forum into your app, please let us know, as this is among the first improvements we plan to make and we will need some partners to help us test.

Edit: Please be sure that your app and links to it appear only in the PlayStore or at Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
    I wanna make app announcement. I installed the Forums for Android app on my phone but after I taped our app on my device, I got the message: "Error receving channel info, please try it later" How would I solve this?

Can you link me to the app? I am going to try and recreate the issue. Thanks!

Upvote 0
    I wanna make app announcement. I installed the Forums for Android app on my phone but after I taped our app on my device, I got the message: "Error receving channel info, please try it later" How would I solve this?

Actually, I think I found what I needed in the logs. Could you try to open the App Forum/Channel again? Thanks!

Upvote 0
    Upvote 0
    I cant find my app in the list from my device. Yeah, my app installed on my device...
    Is your app available on the Play Store? If it is let me know a link to install and test. If not, is the application a signed apk? I filter out unsigned applications to prevent lots of test apks being treated as real apps.

Also, I was checking your logs and noticed that your device is not approved (unrelated to your app not showing). It is reporting FSFR_20810. Could you confirm what device you are using? Very few google results with anything relating to a device.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
    Is your app available on the Play Store? If it is let me know a link to install and test. If not, is the application a signed apk? I filter out unsigned applications to prevent lots of test apks being treated as real apps.

Also, I was checking your logs and noticed that your device is not approved (unrelated to your app not showing). It is reporting FSFR_20810. Could you confirm what device you are using? Very few google results with anything relating to a device.

Thanks!
    Hello, thank you for your response!

My app is available on the Play Store
    Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=wbappz.numberswitcher

My device: Samsung Galaxy J3 (SM-J320FN) Android 5.1.1

Reactions: steve
    Upvote 0
    Hello, thank you for your response!

My app is available on the Play Store
    Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=wbappz.numberswitcher

My device: Samsung Galaxy J3 (SM-J320FN) Android 5.1.1

Okay, I approved your device and merged appropriately. Now it should show correctly on your device.

For you app, it seems that you need to tweak your manifest a little. I thought that I figured it out but still investigating. I pretty much use the following code:
    Java:
    getPackageManager().queryIntentActivities(getAllActivitiesIntent(), 0);

private Intent getAllActivitiesIntent() {
        Intent mainIntent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_MAIN, null);
        mainIntent.addCategory(Intent.CATEGORY_LAUNCHER);
        return mainIntent;
      }

As you can see, nothing special. I do filter out some packages but it does not even recognize your app with that initial query. All that does is look for all activities with action.MAIN and category.LAUNCHER, which your MainActivity has. There must be something in your manifest causing a conflict but I am still looking :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones