• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to root Micromax A25 by Mastermind

Hi i have tried every method posted in this thread but i am still unable root my A25. Its a new version, so i think micromax must have changed something, Because i always get the following error

"Partition size changed error in SPFlash tool"

even with the scatter file that i created using ADB shell myself from my device. Please help...!

Upvote 0
well, am again in same bricking problem.. :p
i was do factory default using cwm bt don;t what came into my mind i formatted boot, etc etc.. before that.. than did factory defaults..
it bricked my phone.. i already know why... bt..
i tried flashing back my nandroid backup usin cwm.. its showed md5 somethin every time..
so i just tried to flash stock rom usin sp flash tool. ( Preloader, DSP_DL unticked)
bt error came that imp can;t be passed.. something...
after that i tried going to cwm bt phone isn't powering up.. no charging nothing now..
i used it on windows 8.. (that might be prob. wht i think currently)

so i anyone have any idea about my problem please help mein again.. :)

Upvote 0
Hi i have tried every method posted in this thread but i am still unable root my A25. Its a new version, so i think micromax must have changed something, Because i always get the following error

"Partition size changed error in SPFlash tool"

even with the scatter file that i created using ADB shell myself from my device. Please help...!

dude i was having the same problem before... so u can't root your phone until u brick it...
bt i suggest just don't do it.. coz i my case it had too be given to server centre.. nd they took a month to give it back.... after that i am able to root my phone now...
but too a surprise i just bricked it again couple of hours ago..
nd am vry frustated..
"Atlast enjoy... phone the way it is rooting is not that imp.. its already much powerful phone "

Upvote 0
dude i was having the same problem before... so u can't root your phone until u brick it...
bt i suggest just don't do it.. coz i my case it had too be given to server centre.. nd they took a month to give it back.... after that i am able to root my phone now...
but too a surprise i just bricked it again couple of hours ago..
nd am vry frustated..
"Atlast enjoy... phone the way it is rooting is not that imp.. its already much powerful phone "

Ya its true... But i just wanted to see the full capability of this little phone.. :D

Upvote 0
When micromax a25 was released
I bought this phone after 1week. Rooted after 3 days and was completely successful. One has to root its phone for playing temple run 1,&2 and other high graphical games like FIFA,PES etc
To root its important you know about simple driver installation guides. If you get even simple doubt ask first and try rooting later.
I dont think new a25 has changes in processor still mtk rooting guides are easily available on net.
CynogenMod cannot be developed officaly for this phone it lacks kernal sources.
Custom ROM can be only possible through android Kitchen.

Modded stock ROM has just pre root and one launcher. (this ROM can be used as stock ROM to recover from any previous fault )

Keep asking specific question in detail D:

Bro there is certainly some change in the partition table or something else in the new A25 phones, this method is certainly not working anymore. MMX has changed the firmware version.

Upvote 0
hey iam a heavy newbie here but whats wrong in learning..
it took three days to read all this script.. but yeah i read it all.. (some not clearly understood).. but yeah ok now for my phone to be rooted.. (bought it in august so old one and not a new one.. :))..
unlock root exe is blocked by my antivirus.. so is super one click.. what to do now.. im not sure if it contains risks.. or if not..
please upload it in media fire or zippy share..
and to all your awes i have played NFS most wanted, GTA 3 and vice city, BIA 2, Virtual tennis and dead trigger.. and yeah of course temple run 1,2,oz and brave and subway surfers.. only back stab doesnt open bcoz its HD.. that is why i moved into rooting..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones