• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Root Motorola Electrify 2.3.5 for Dummies Guide

When i run the las command i keep getting the following error

$ /data/tmp/photon-torpedo.sh
/data/tmp/photon-torpedo.sh
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libpcprofile.so' cannot be loaded as audit interface: unde
fined symbol: la_version; ignored.
Fatal server error:
Server is already active for display 0
If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
and start again.

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
at X.Org Wiki - Home
for help.
ddxSigGiveUp: Closing log
/data/tmp/photon-torpedo.sh: line 5: /lib/libphoton-torpedo.so: Permission denie
d
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libphoton-torpedo.so' cannot be loaded as audit interface:
invalid ELF header; ignored.
Fatal server error:
Server is already active for display 0
If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
and start again.

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
at X.Org Wiki - Home
for help.
ddxSigGiveUp: Closing log
$
$
$ /data/tmp/install-su.sh
/data/tmp/install-su.sh
Usage: mount [-r] [-w] [-o options] [-t type] device directory
cp: /system/bin/su: Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: Read-only file system
Usage: mount [-r] [-w] [-o options] [-t type] device directory
rm failed for /lib/libphoton-torpedo.so, Permission denied
$

Any suggestions?

i get the same results...any takers?

Upvote 0
Hello, Followed this excellent guide thx for posting it everything went very smooth no problems at all but now superuser and root checker crash. superuser crashes repeatedly, while root checker runs after 1st crash but tells me i am not roooted. installed the other root checker it ran fine but says no root. any suggestions ???

PS. when i went to install the drivers for 64 bit it said mine were newer so i left it alone

PSS. after updating both superuser and its binarys i tried root checker again this time it did not crash. I now have root thx

Upvote 0
<quoted OP post snipped by moderator>

anybody can help me my divice but i can find this http://gititbit.ch/AFAS who know where i can find ,please is a SOS lol wana be root my electryfy thank

secohuffy,

Welcome to the AndroidForums! :)

Hopefully, the thread author or another helpful member will reply with a working link for you.

By the way, I squished-out the quoted first post for you in your reply above, I hope you don't mind :).

Good luck and thanks for signing-up with us here at AF!

Reactions: mjjmama143
Upvote 0
Thanks for this guide. I decided to try and I seem to be stuck at the last step. I get the expected error message when entering the photon-torpedo.tar line, but the line after where you need to enter the install su.sh I get an error as well. It says I don't have sufficient permissions. When I installed root checker, it says I have root.

I had the same problem on the last part /data/tmp/install-su.sh ,but My superuser works and my titanium back up work and root checker says I have root, so I guess I will update here if I have any problems but as far as I know I have root =)

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
I am trying to root my phone but can't because of the ADB Package -gititbit.ch/AFAS, appears to be non-functional. is there another link i can be referred to? i would really like to root my phone.
thanks

Welcome to the AndroidForums, jonte12345!

Well, I'm not familiar with this specific rooting method, but if the adb package you need simply requires the adb utility, you can download the sdk-tools.zip file from the "Mini-SDK" section in the middle of this thread's first post:

http://androidforums.com/faqs/443072-adb-guide-updated-12-05-2011-a.html

Be sure to click it's "Show" button to expand for more details.

Hope that helps!

Cheers and glad you signed-up with us here at AF :).

Reactions: JKDS87
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones