• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to sync Android Calendar with Google

Go into settings on your phone, then 'accounts', then Google/your gmail, click account sync and make sure your calendar(s) are selected.

Then go into the Google calendar on your phone, your gmail/account should show in settings, make sure that (each calendar if you have multiple) is also enabled/selected.

And welcome :)

edit: the settings may be different on your phone, but that should get you there.

Last edited:
Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
Go into settings on your phone, then 'accounts', then Google/your gmail, click account sync and make sure your calendar(s) are selected.

Then go into the Google calendar on your phone, your gmail/account should show in settings, make sure that (each calendar if you have multiple) is also enabled/selected.

And welcome :)

edit: the settings may be different on your phone, but that should get you there.

Thanks for your reply.
Maybe I am missing something but I believe I had everything already configured correctly. I reviewed your steps and find syncing is enabled for everything on the phone in the settings screen: Settings > Accounts > Google > Calendar (Sync was already enabled)
In Google Calendar on my phone: Calendar > Settings > PC Sync (There's a Brown Dot beneath the PC Sync heading)

So I didn't find anything to change. I entered a test calendar event on the phone and checked the Google web calendar. No syncing occurred. I disabled calendar syncing on the phone and re-enabled to force a sync, still no luck.

Can you thin of anything else? Again sync does occur if I enter an event on the Google web calendar.

Upvote 0
Yes, it is the only Calendar I have on my phone, although my Calendar is shared with my wife but I don't see how that would adversely affect syncing.

No, that shouldn't have any impact on syncing your calendar. Are you using the built-in calendar app or Google Calendar? I'd also go to your settings>accounts>Google>Sync and check the last time your calendar was synced (should be today).

Upvote 0
No, that shouldn't have any impact on syncing your calendar. Are you using the built-in calendar app or Google Calendar? I'd also go to your settings>accounts>Google>Sync and check the last time your calendar was synced (should be today).

"Are you using the built-in calendar app or Google Calendar?" I don't know, when I check Google Play for my installed apps it lists Google Calendar. When I do a search for calendar on Google Play it shows Google Calendar by Google, LLC installed.

Syncing occurred automatically earlier today. I disabled and re-enabled syncing on my phone several times hoping it would trigger the upload of events from my phone but it failed.

Upvote 0
I got one more place to look. When you create a new event on your phone, under the title does it say "Event" with your gmail address underneath, or does it say "Phone"?

On the calendar screen for the day it only shows the title. When the event is opened the following is shown: The event title, underneath the title is the event day and time, a little further underneath is listed the word "Event" and beneath this is PC Sync.
Nothing else is listed anywhere.

Upvote 0
Do you see something like this when you create a new event?

Screenshot_2019-01-28-16-47-20.png

Upvote 0
Well, obviously there's some glitch making what should be pretty straight-forward a messy hassle. Perhaps it's time to just start over doing the calendar sync process completely. Maybe try this:
-- On your phone, go into your Settings >> Apps menu, find the Calendar app you want to use and open its entry, tap on 'Force stop' and then find and tap on 'Clear data'. Using 'Clear data' will wipe that app's settings and its cache, basically returning it back to its first-time used, yet-to-be-configured state.
-- Open a web browser and go to:
https://calendar.google.com
and log into your account (Which is presumably also the same calendar you want to sync with). Check that the calendar (if you have multiple calendars set up) that you're trying to sync with is selected in that left side panel.
-- Now launch the Calendar app and try to sync up with it again. Don't forget to check in the Settings >> Accounts >> Google menu that syncing is still enabled and that in the Google >> Apps menu that in the calendar app its Permissions is allowing Calendar access.

One last thing to check is your online connectivity. Syncing won't happen if your Internet access is the problem. Are you using predominantly WiFi or mobile data (cellular), or just use both most of the time? Are both pretty much stable and reliable?

Upvote 0
Well, obviously there's some glitch making what should be pretty straight-forward a messy hassle. Perhaps it's time to just start over doing the calendar sync process completely. Maybe try this:
-- On your phone, go into your Settings >> Apps menu, find the Calendar app you want to use and open its entry, tap on 'Force stop' and then find and tap on 'Clear data'. Using 'Clear data' will wipe that app's settings and its cache, basically returning it back to its first-time used, yet-to-be-configured state.
-- Open a web browser and go to:
https://calendar.google.com
and log into your account (Which is presumably also the same calendar you want to sync with). Check that the calendar (if you have multiple calendars set up) that you're trying to sync with is selected in that left side panel.
-- Now launch the Calendar app and try to sync up with it again. Don't forget to check in the Settings >> Accounts >> Google menu that syncing is still enabled and that in the Google >> Apps menu that in the calendar app its Permissions is allowing Calendar access.

One last thing to check is your online connectivity. Syncing won't happen if your Internet access is the problem. Are you using predominantly WiFi or mobile data (cellular), or just use both most of the time? Are both pretty much stable and reliable?

I will try as you suggest. I typically use WiFi, my service is fiber @ 100Mbit. Connectivity should not be a problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones