• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to update "Redmi Note 9" to higher Android version?

Alex2873645

Lurker
Sep 15, 2021
I have a phone "Redmi Note 9" which has Android Version 10 on it. Although I checked everywhere for an Android update (and updated apps via "Google Play" and "System apps updater" as far as it goes) I do not see an update for a newer Android version anywhere. Is there some hidden setting to update to a newer Android version, or how can I do this?

which redmi note 9 do you have? the 4G version? what is your model number?

i do not have your phone and i see that there is a Redmi Note 9 and a Redmi Note 9 4G. just the note 9 can be upgraded to android 11 while the note 9 4G can be upgraded to android 12.

and as @Dannydet suggested updates will depend on your carrier and manufacturer. if you know your exact model of the phone, you can do a search and see if there is a firmware update available for your phone. keep in mind that firmware updates are very device specific and installing the wrong firmware can have seriously bad consequences.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones