• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire C Camera Stopped Working

HTC Desire C camera stopped working, fixed, stopped, fixed, stopped, fixed, stopped. Bought a new phone (LG F60) as close in that nice small size as I could, transferred cell service to new phone. NOW the old phone camera is working again but it no longer works as a phone. Is it possible phone service interacts somehow with the camera? Think it's worthwhile switching service back to the HTC to see?

Thom, It showed vertical lines in various colours, which surprisingly it would take a photo of. Then the screen just went black and I was able to take photo of that too. Weird. Dr. Google suggested the lens of the camera was out of position so the Other Half nudged it back into place. We went through that three times but it always went back to lines or black eventually so gave up and bought the new one. Now the view finder is clear of lines or black every time I try it. It's such an old phone/camera I wonder whether I should give it another chance.

Upvote 0
Thanks all. I can't figure it out and I have not switched phone service back to the HTC to check. Right now, with no phone service to it, the camera is still working. Switching service did not require any physical manipulation of the HTC as the new phone has a new SIM so there isn't even any way I can think that moving something improved a connection.

Meanwhile I am using the new phone and despite it being the smallest I could find is much bigger than my HTC Desire C. But it seems to have a better camera, still 5mp but much more crisp. And it's only two years old instead of at least four for the HTC. The HTC will likely go on me again so I"m going to keep the new one, which is an LG F60 that was on clearance, but was brand new.

Upvote 0
Thought I would post back in case this interests anyone else who reads here. These darn things really are confounding. I took the SD card out of the old phone and the camera started working again. Every time I turned it on for several days it would work, take photos. What the heck? Then it went to striped screen and then to black screen again. Weeird.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones