• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Hero specs

Are you referring to the chart that compares four phones (located below all the phone images?) What I'm looking for is a source for in-depth specs that will confirm what capabilities of the OS the Sprint version of the phone will have. Thanks for trying to help.

what kind of capabilites are you looking for?

phone arena has physical specs... im sure you have check but if not you can..

Upvote 0
Ever since the announcement there has been little (if any) information from Sprint and HTC about the Chinless Hero. I mean, look at all the info that came out when the Cliq was introduced last week. The only video of the Sprint Hero that's been released is the short one with David Owens. It just seems a little weird that the official release is less than 4 weeks away and it seems like Owens is the only one who has laid a finger on an actual Sprint Hero.

Upvote 0
I'm looking for some concrete confirmation on the "rumored" specs we're seeing out there. Examples: screen resolution & colors, supported mediaplayer formats, max. removable storage capacity & if an SD card is included in box, etc., etc. Has the OS been revamped and if so, how?

Based on what we've seen (rumored info) it appears that HTC has taken the old-form Hero and removed the chin and installed CDMA technology. Well, if that's all there is to it then HTC could simply scratch GSM off the old spec sheet, modify the dimensions and post the "Hero 2.0" specs, eh?

Sprint was practically giddy leaking specs, etc. on the Palm Pre and currently there's more concrete info on the Pixi (not due until Nov.) than for the Hero ... it makes me wonder "why?" As BobDroid points out, it just seems there's very little info for a phone that's just weeks away from delivery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones