• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC ONE M8 problem storage after flash

SUHIEL

Lurker
Dec 17, 2018
Hello
I am flashed my device htc one m8 32 Gb and is all working good .. problem is my device storage now is show 1.8 GB !! if can help me easy way for can restore real stoarge data 32 Gb in my device ?

>>> i am flashed my phone with this firmware and this is info for Rom device :

0P6BIMG_M8_UL_M60_SENSE70_MR_HTC_Europe_6.12.401.4_Radio_1.29.214500021.12G_20.72.4196t.01_release_464360_signed

Thanks

Is your phone modified in any way? If not you should only be able to flash firmware that is compatible with the phone.

If it is S-Off however it will let you flash without some of the compatibility checks. And if you have set the cidnum to 11111111 (not sure how many 1's) it will let you flash firmware from any M8 model. And if you have flashed firmware from a different M8 model that might produce bad results. So if that's the case the answer is to find the correct firmware for your model and reflash it. And knowing that the 32GB M8 was never released where I am (UK) does make me wonder whether an HTC_Europe RUU might not be correct for your phone.

So exactly which M8 model is this? You should be able to get the full model number from the system menu or the bootloader screen. Any information you might remember about the network it was originally sold through or original branding might help (that will all be gone from the phone now if you have flashed that RUU). And anything you can tell us about the phone's history, especially its modification history, might help.

(I am of course guessing that you flashed the wrong RUU, but with the very little information supplied that's the only guess I can make).

Upvote 0
Is your phone modified in any way? If not you should only be able to flash firmware that is compatible with the phone.

If it is S-Off however it will let you flash without some of the compatibility checks. And if you have set the cidnum to 11111111 (not sure how many 1's) it will let you flash firmware from any M8 model. And if you have flashed firmware from a different M8 model that might produce bad results. So if that's the case the answer is to find the correct firmware for your model and reflash it. And knowing that the 32GB M8 was never released where I am (UK) does make me wonder whether an HTC_Europe RUU might not be correct for your phone.

So exactly which M8 model is this? You should be able to get the full model number from the system menu or the bootloader screen. Any information you might remember about the network it was originally sold through or original branding might help (that will all be gone from the phone now if you have flashed that RUU). And anything you can tell us about the phone's history, especially its modification history, might help.

(I am of course guessing that you flashed the wrong RUU, but with the very little information supplied that's the only guess I can make).

Thank you for reply so :

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.19.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.29.214500021.12G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 6.12.401.4
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: FA4BDWM01048
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B11000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: 76df2b54
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.021s

this is info for my device can help me ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones