• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC One M9 Vibration not working

pokey110

Jan 6, 2012
Hi all.

So i have noticed for the past few days that the vibration has stopped working on my phone. I use to get vibration on key presses, when using the keyboard and when the phone rang etc and when playing games. Now for some reason I am not getting any vibration at all.

I have checked the setting and vibrate is set to on. I do not have power save enabled.

I did read somewhere that if you tap the right hand corner of the phone this can help, which it does for about 2 secs then stops again.

Does anyone know what is causing this, or how you have resolved it in the past?

Many thanks

Sorry, I guess I should have read your post in full. When I had my M9, the power saver was the issue. Do you have anything disabled?

I have checked my settings and can't see anything disabled. I read that if you tap the right hand corner of the phone this can make the phone vibration work again. I tried this and it only vibrates again for a few seconds. I think it could be the vibration motor. No idea why this would have stopped working as i have not dropped my phone.

Upvote 0
I know the full factory reset isn't the optimal decision, but it may be your only option. I no longer have my M9, so I can't walk through the options. But HTC is pretty good about repairs. When I had my M7, I broke the charging port. They repaired it for free, even paid for return shipping. I realize the M9 is several versions ago, still might be a choice.

Upvote 0
I know the full factory reset isn't the optimal decision, but it may be your only option. I no longer have my M9, so I can't walk through the options. But HTC is pretty good about repairs. When I had my M7, I broke the charging port. They repaired it for free, even paid for return shipping. I realize the M9 is several versions ago, still might be a choice.

Thank you i will give it a thought and speak to HTC. Thanks again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones