• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC One SV - Boost - Stuck on Splash Screen

They want 165.00 having them send it back to me so I can follow this forum in a week when I return from vacation. Thanks to all.

OK HTC sent my phone back. I have the correct boot.img also am using TWRP recovery. I am S-ON and unlocked. It seems what I don't have is the correct system image or is it called kernel ? Where would I get that? I have no nandroid backup yet.

Upvote 0
Got back to 4.1.2 all working but Radio Just got to that point a few minutes ago. I did it bu downloading an OTA and put it in the root on phone. That got me to this point. I looked and the radio was not part of the OTA for 4.1.2. I just downloaded OTA for 4.2.2. It has Radio. But first a backup. Thanks much for the help.

Upvote 0
Have you tried the RUU?

Got back to 4.1.2 all working but Radio Just got to that point a few minutes ago. I did it bu downloading an OTA and put it in the root on phone. That got me to this point. I looked and the radio was not part of the OTA for 4.1.2. I just downloaded OTA for 4.2.2. It has Radio. But first a backup. Thanks much for the help.

I learned so much from these forums about android, partitions, roms flashing, etc etc. I was a IBM programmer in my younger days. But I just turned 68 and this got me hungry again. Guess I will download the SDK and get developing just to keep my brain sharp.

I now have a fully working HTC one sv with 4.2.2. I of course made a backup this time.

Thanks to all the developers and all the help. Your patients with the noobs is amazing...

Upvote 0
Hello all,
I have simillar issue:
HTC One SV K2_UL Europe.
- unlocked, S-off, superCID, moonshine
- HBOOT - 2.00.4444
- RADIO: 1.14.40.00.01_2
- OpenDSF: v9.2.0268.1214
- Android JB: 4.1.2
- TWRP 2.7.8 for K2_UL

Issue:
Ive received this phone from the Mother in law. The phone looks frozen - no wifi, slow answers... I did the ROOT, unlock S2, SUPERCID.
Ive tries the VENOM ROM ViperSV v1.5.0, JB 4.2.2 with preflashing the boot.img and wiping almost all what is possible.
The phone every time after flash hangs-stuck on HTC splash scree.Backup recovery works - but no sense with older damaged system.

Please, can You share with me functional ROM and core, probably JB4.1.2 at first with possibility to upgrade to 4.2.2.
Or any chance to use ViperSV?

I need to brink this phone to life again.

Thank You in advance.
Milan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones