• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One X Bluetooth data

nickt1101

Lurker
Apr 21, 2015
Hi, I have an HTC one X, I also have a new merc e-class. The car is supposed to be able to jump on the phones data connection via bluetooth. When I initiate this, the phone does show a notification that it is sharing its data connection via bluetooth but nothing happens and the connection eventually times out. I don't know if its the phone or the car but the HTC one X is listed in Merc's official list of compatible phones. Wondered if anyone has also had this issue or any suggestions, thanks.

ok, solved this issue. The HTC One X has always been able to support these bluetooth fuctions hardware wise, however the android software it is supplied with IS NOT. Even the american version only got android 4.2. Apparently the min version is 4.3 but personally I rooted and flashed it to CyanogenMod cm.11 android 4.4.4. Now all bluetooth fuctions work and my car can use the phone data connection via bluetooth. Not only but since then people have commented how much clearer I am when talking via the cars bluetooth connection to my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones