• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Status SyncNow not working

Neo1

Lurker
Jan 20, 2013
Hi, I have an HTC Status running 2.3.3, and I generally only use it for texting. Recently I started using a few more features and set up an event on the calendar so that it would then sync and appear on my Google Calendar, which I have done several times before with no problems.

Then I realized that it did not sync, and in fact the last time it did sync was last November 2012 lol. So I am technically inclined, so I when through Setting - Account & Sync, both background and Auto sync are selected, the Google account is selected, and for that account Sync Contacts , Gmail and Calendar are all selected - but when I press the "Sync Now" button nothing happens. I use to see the lil sync icon show at the top of the screen - now nothing.

I have deselected all of the options listed above, and restarted the phone but nothing seems to get the "SyncNow" option working. I believe that this may have stopped working after the last update.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hello Neo1 and welcome to Android Forums. Things might have gone South with your upgrade. Often the very best thing to do after a major upgrade is to do a factory reset. This helps settle the phone and apps in with the upgrade and eliminates an array of odd nagging things not working right. Most people will avoid the factory reset and try to deal with the issues. If all else fails, I would recommend a factory reset.
Hopefully another member familiar with your phone will step up with some clever advice. Best of luck to you and thanks for joining these forums.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones