• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Vivid connectivity issues

jfridge92

Lurker
Jul 6, 2014
So this is my old phone that I unlocked for my wife to use on Metro PCS (previously on AT&T). It worked flawlessly when I had it, I just upgraded to an S5 and thought I'd upgrade her old phone to something better. It has 4.0.3 installed on it, and I did a factory reset from the settings menu before I unlocked it so she would have a clean phone to start with.

So here begin the list of problems that I never had with it. When I want to plug it in to a PC to sync photos and music, it never connects. Typically I could choose the connectivity type, but it doesn't even give me that option. When I click Connect to PC in settings, it crashes with an error "settings has unexpectedly stopped" or something like that, and I can never get it to connect to a pc.

Also, it's not reading the micro sd card, which is the same card I had when I used the phone. It will come up when you try to view it in settings, but it won't store any photos on it, the phone won't find any music stored on it, and it's being really buggy.

I want to try and root/revert it to an earlier version of android, but since I can't hook the thing up to my computer, I'm at a loss.

I've tried turning on USB debugging, restarting, etc, with no luck.

Sorry for the long thread/hope this is in the right subforum. Thanks in advance for the help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones