• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I can't get in!!

Hey everybody, it's @MoodyBlues but I can't get logged in. I've tried different browsers, but I just get stuck. I can use the "Log in" button at the top, but as soon as I log in, it takes me to a 'register' page. At other times (sorry, I've been experimenting and don't recall exactly), I was told usernames must be unique, and MoodyBlues is already in use. Um...yeah, by me! What's the secret?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Had to reset password again.

Apparently, logging out, completely confuses the system.

This account is less than 24 hours old, I've reset the password 4 times already.
According to your profile you joined yesterday, so I don't understand the impatience. You are only participating in the threads about the upgrade.

As has been mentioned, it is new software on a site with nearly 1.4million members. There are going to be some hiccups. This one seems to be the most annoying thus far, but it will get resolved.

Upvote 0
I had to create a different username and email address to get back in.

I Admin at a site where we just upgraded the Vb version and we are having growing pains as you are here.

All those with complaints, if you will just report your issue and not include the sarcasm or hatred it will help the ones "fixing" things.

Be patient and try to report issues with a good attitude, things will calm down, I promise !

Upvote 0
6 times.

I didn't just join yesterday. I CANNOT access my original account at all.

This is a makeshift account, because, I CANNOT access my original account.

Plus, I keep having to reset my password on a brand new account.
I use Chrome on my phone. We all had frustrations but it's obviously temporary.
Added to what's been advised, close Chrome (humour me if you use something else) open the forum, don't enter anything, tap forget password, use your original account email, open the email reply, use the last used password for that account again (twice), count the sunflowers or tulips in a field or pot with a microscope, and go back and log in.

Yes, if I leave the a Chrome forum page dormant for a while, I have to request a "new" password again. It's currently the least of my and a lot of people's problems.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0
Had to reset password again.

Apparently, logging out, completely confuses the system.

This account is less than 24 hours old, I've reset the password 4 times already.
you can use the same password when you do the forget password to reset. you do not need a new one.

Upvote 0
I was writing a post last night and got distracted, came back now and it's irrelevant, but how do I delete the draft it automatically saved?! FWIW, it was about not being able to log in using my real browser, SeaMonkey.
I have to delete the contents of the reply box, then hit the delete draft.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
It took me over an hour trying to log in this morning after dozens of ( Forgot my password and reset password attempts )
Let us know if you continue to have problems. It was finally fixed a little bit ago, and it seems OK for me. I was even able to log in on my mobile Chrome browser.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones