• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i have a Samsung S22 +, what new phone should i buy?

i buyed a S22+ a year ago and i want to sell him and buy a new samsung S phone, i was thinking in a S23 Ultra, any suggestions?
what's your budget? what do you use your phone for? play games? streaming? online? are you looking for a phone with a big screen? have you thought about foldables?

Are those foldables actually selling? I still have not seen anyone have one.
yep. i have one. its the z fold 4. i am curious to see what the z fold 6 will look like. i believe they will introduce it in July.

and @TheManWithTheGoldenGun the s23 ultra is a solid phone, if that is what you are looking into. you can't beat having the s-pen. and the fact that the holder for it is built in. i missed that feature. i hope the fold 6 will include one as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The obvious answer is "what's wrong with the s22+?". Do you actually need a new phone? Because the truth is that it won't be terribly different: the s23 Ultra will be a bit bigger, might have some extra camera feature (I've not checked specs), and that's about it. Software-wise it will be no different at all. So the question is, does any new phone offer anything extra that matters to you? If you can answer that question with a "yes", you know what to buy. ;)

I might buy one of the Flip phones next time I replace my phone, just to fit better in a front jeans pocket. But I'll wait until my s21 wears out first, so probably another 2-3 years.

Upvote 0
The obvious answer is "what's wrong with the s22+?". Do you actually need a new phone? Because the truth is that it won't be terribly different: the s23 Ultra will be a bit bigger, might have some extra camera feature (I've not checked specs), and that's about it. Software-wise it will be no different at all. So the question is, does any new phone offer anything extra that matters to you? If you can answer that question with a "yes", you know what to buy. ;)

I might buy one of the Flip phones next time I replace my phone, just to fit better in a front jeans pocket. But I'll wait until my s21 wears out first, so probably another 2-3 years.
the s22+ i have is used, the display was already changed and the conector is not too good, and i want to change just to keep updated on samsung software.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
the s22+ i have is used, the display was already changed and the conector is not too good, and i want to change just to keep updated on samsung software.
You should still be able to update for a while (I'm still getting updates on my s21), but OK, if the phone was beaten-up before you got it that makes sense.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones