• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have seen this on social media..

Of where their battery icon was change into a bunny, and another with hearts, is there a way how to change the normal battery bar inside the status screen?
where have you seen this? icons in the notification bar are part of the system os. i doubt you can just change them at will. you will most likely need to root the phone to do so. now altering the font and app icons are easy to do without root. but not anything that belongs to the system os.

Upvote 0
It was an emoji like with bunny ears and like able to change it with hearts though,but yeah I read an article really quick before leaving for the day, "There is nothing out there, just a marketing scheme".
Any "man" that wants a bunny ears battery icon should have his man card pulled immediately.

Upvote 0
Any "man" that wants a bunny ears battery icon should have his man card pulled immediately.
There were tons of 'men' who loved My Little Pony and Hello Kitty.

I was not one of them

People do say that about me being a deer lover though. Apparently it's unmanly to want to befriend deer than hunt and kill and eat deer.

Upvote 0
There were tons of 'men' who loved My Little Pony and Hello Kitty.

I was not one of them

People do say that about me being a deer lover though. Apparently it's unmanly to want to befriend deer than hunt and kill and eat deer.
Was totally a joke amigo, please don't take anything I say on this sight seriously :goofydroid: :cool::giggle:

Reactions: ocnbrze
WE love you Treb..lol.
Capital Pride Kiss GIF by Identity

• Haha
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
where have you seen this? icons in the notification bar are part of the system os. i doubt you can just change them at will. you will most likely need to root the phone to do so. now altering the font and app icons are easy to do without root. but not anything that belongs to the system os.
I remember the "Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen" site from the start of the last decade. But while the website for that still exists (to my amazement), it's not been updated since 2011 so the chances of it working with any vaguely current phone must be nil (and yes, it did require root). But the principles behind it should still apply: modify one of the system APKs (used to be SystemUI.apk or framework-res.apk), replacing the battery icons in that with the ones you'd like to use instead, then package the updates as a flashable zip and flash it. If you are using a custom ROM just edit the relevant apk resources in the ROM and then flash it. I did some of this by hand (rather than via the UOT kitchen) back in the days, but we are talking a decade or more ago now.

Definitely take a nandroid before attempting anything of this sort: my first ever bootloop was from a trivial theming mod of this sort that didn't work right (if you fork up part of the system resources it's likely the phone will not boot up),

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones